Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year, A New Beginning

I love the New Year! It's a time for new beginnings and a fresh start. In honor of the New Year, I have decided to make an attempt to be better at this blogging thing. I'll make honest effort to at put something on here at least once a week.  In addition, I will try to be better about posting pictures. To help me do this I want to put together a scrapbook of this years goings on. In order to do that, I will need plenty of pictures so, I will take and post at least one new picture a week. I would also like to minimize my time online which kinda contradicts what I just said but...whatever.


So how was my New Years? Well News Years Eve I was delighted to get a call from Maria saying they were going to come over. They were planning on just stopping by but, decided to have supper with us (we were going to get Chinese).  It was so great to see Jimmy again and I think he was thrilled to see the boys. They seemed to enjoy each other's company. Since our food wasn't ready until 9, they ended up staying until midnight. We almost missed the countdown because we were engrossed with our game of Uno. It was getting pretty intense! It was so much fun. I'm really glad they came over!


On New Year day we went to Dennis and Gail's house (Paul works with Dennis). Apparently, it's a Texas tradition to eat black eyed peas on New Years day. It gives you good luck and prosperity, I guess Paul, Joey and I will have luck and prosperity. Not so sure about Robby, he didn't want to go anywhere NEAR them. It was great to see them again and they were happy to see the boys.


Yesterday was just a relaxing day. We thought about bringing the boys to see the Enchanted Village at Jordan's Furniture but, decided not to. We all had a busy weekend so needed the day just do nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment