Thursday, January 6, 2011

Little Things

Tonight I felt like I lost it. I finished my supper, and sat down on the couch with a chocolate I got for Christmas. Joey up on the couch and before either Paul or I could do anything he reached over and grabbed it. All day every time I had something to eat I spent more time trying to keep it out of reach than I actually spent eating it. This was the final straw. I had to get up and leave the room. 


I know it comes with the territory of being a parent but, it doesn't make it any easier. I find myself missing the simple things. Being able to have a peaceful meal without yelling at someone, being able to just decide to go to a movie or out to eat, even just not tripping over toys when walking through the living room in the dark. I'll admit sometimes I'm a little bitter, and a little jealous of people who don't have to deal with that stuff. 


Most of those times usually last only a brief period. I see their smiles, feel their hugs, and get kisses and it all fades. I don't envy anyone, it makes me feel, I should be envied. I'm proud of my boys, proud of milestones they've reached, proud of how smart they are and the little people they have become. I realize that these moments mean everything and one day I'll look back and actually miss the little interruptions. I wouldn't trade any of it for anything. 


1 comment:

  1. I could not agree MORE Beth! I feel like a jerk when I get upset with her. Mackie's just a little person learning to be a big person. But the responsibility seems to me more immense some days. Know that you are NEVER alone in this.
    Always,
    ~Allie

    ReplyDelete