Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Feeling proud!

Yesterday Paul and I went to our first parent teacher conference. I was a little nervous going into it. We were planning on telling the teacher we were moving. I wasn't sure how that would go over since he just started. She didn't have much to go on so she just went over how he's be adjusting to school and the routine. 


I'm proud to say she had nothing but, glowing reviews. She said he adjusted really well to school. He's holding his own with the routine. He participates in everything and even sits still for circle time (20 mins.) she says most 3 yr olds don't. And that his favorite free play area is the house corner. His favorite thing to do? Picking up the baby dolls, rocking them and giving them a bottle. 


I know a lot of men would have something to say about this. Dolls aren't exactly "manly". Luckily Paul isn't that way, before Joey was born we talked about getting a doll for Robby so he'd know how handle having a baby around. He's such a sweet little guy. He loves his brother, gives him hugs and kisses everyday, held his bottle for him when he was a baby (and always with a look that said "it's tough being a big brother"). Some how it was instinct for him. 


So, when the teacher mentioned the dolls we both smiled at each other. When we told the teacher about the move she kinda did that pouty face thing and said "Aww, we're really going to miss him, we love him here, he's a sweety!" She looked genuinely disappointed. Not the really thinking "don't let the door hit ya..." but they were hiding it, like they were truly going to miss him. When we were driving home, I took Paul's hand and said "Well, we must be doing something right!"


I also had a further revelation about the meeting later that night. I was thinking about how he chooses to play in house corner with the kitchen stuff and the babies. I remember someone telling me children mimic what they see their parents do and say. It made me proud of Paul. Robby sees Paul share in the cooking, cleaning, and taking care of Joey. He's mimicking that. I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful husband that shares in that stuff, and the boys are lucky to have such a positive male role model.


I'm so proud of my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment